Thursday, July 26, 2007

In the Studio with Chad Hugo Neptunes!

Sat. June 16th 2007
Yo I'm not going to front, I was real excited to meet Chad. He's a real down to earth dude. Very talented. Yo so Rae and I got to got to LA and hit the Record Plant. We were there with Apl de Aps (Black Eyed Peas, Jeepney) and got to see these two talented dudes work together. Man let me tell you, it was an experience. I got some good stories from this trip. On the drive to LA Rae knocks out another hit called "Casting Call" produced by M-Dubb. As soon as we get to LA we hit Apl's Studio and record the track. We left the studio at 5am after I mixed the track. Then the next morning we go to the Record Plant to work on Chad and Apl's session. First we get there and we are setting up and getting the vibe going, and this girl walks in and starts talking to Chad and Apl like she knows them. They were try be as polite as possible but no one recognized her. She had huge sunglasses on and her hat real low. She was talking to them and they were like who is this? Then Chad asks her "where do we know you from?" She like "it's me", takes off her glasses and hat and says "Nicole" Me and Rae almost fell out our seats. It was Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls. You should of seen the smile on our faces. LOL. She even waved bye to us. Yeah we were a little starstruck. It's Nicole Foe! Don't front. If you were there you would've been too. Second story, Chad played us some stuff he was working on and damn, he did a track for Alicia Keys and the track was so off the hook. When you hear that track when it comes out, remember that I told you about it and then you will know what I mean. Don't believe me, ask Rae or DJ Replay, or better yet call Chad yourself here's his number 1-800-neptunes. Call him. He's waiting for your call right now. Third story, we walk outside to go home the first night and Nelly was sitting in the back of his Phantom with his new track blazin' out of his car. Damn that track was also bangin. Ok last story, so the last night I come back to the studio after handling all my meetings and there was Will.I.AM (Black Eyed Peas) chillin, playing beats and his album. Let me tell u, it's dope and catchy. But the best part was when he went on for about an hour about the music business and the future of technology/marketing and music. Boy, can he tell stories. I thought I was a good bullshitter, yo he was taking it to a whole new level. But half the people (about 15 people) in the room weren't really listening to what he was saying after 30 mins. I stayed real in tune and weeded out all the nonsense and got some real knowledge. If you really were listening to the underlying statement you might of caught something. See it pays off being the only sober guy in the studio. I stay sharp bruh-bruh. No i'm not going to give you any tips or talk about what he talked about, I'm just going to keep that to myself and see if I can get as rich as he is some day. I can only dream of being such a great story teller one day. Oh yeah when he walked out he looked at us and started to sing Rae's song "Switch Positions" and he told Rae that was their song when they were out on tour. See we got international superstars singing my artist song. Nick Ngo Mutherfu*king Management. "17 Hertz. Get money with us or die losing,"

-Nick Ngo p.s. thank you nina, replay and the whole jeepney staff. Oh yeah look at our shirts, reppin' our LA Family Crooks! Real recognize Real.

No comments: